Monday, January 13, 2014

Health Transformation Challenge: Day 7

Day 7: The challenge continues!  

Seven days down and I am feeling so good about returning to the basics.  Day seven's challenge is about overhauling your journal.  I printed my blog posts, including my before photo (ugh!) and bought a notebook to put it in.  The focus of the new journal is reaching goals instead of only focusing on food.  I like it!  My journal will help me dream more each day about the new me that I am becoming.  What better way to visualize my transformation than to keep it all in one place, right?  



I put a copy of my Day 1 photo at the beginning of the notebook.

So now, I will start putting things in my notebook like: 

My health plan for the day
Sleeping habits
Fueling times
Food journaling 
Water consumption 
Learning experiences
Types of exercises I enjoy
Weight status for the week (gained/ lost/ maintained)
How I feel before and after I eat
Circumstances of my day that effected my choices (good or bad)
Better choices for next time (if applicable)
Dreams I am birthing
Status of reaching goals 

I also want to start putting in weekly goals.  This week, I am focusing on decreasing my stress (goal) by not over-scheduling myself (secondary choice supporting my goal).  That is so tough for me because I want everything to be perfect and I want everything done.  Again, I feel like I should be able to accomplish so much now that I am solely health coaching, but I can't.  Today, I postponed house cleaning to finish other tasks.  I knew I wouldn't have enough time to clean the house and get the other important things done, so instead of putting the weight of impossible expectations on my shoulders, I simply decided I would wait to complete it.  That was tough!  My follow-up thoughts are: 

  • "What if someone comes to our house and sees our disgusting mess?" (Healthy mind says: "Stressing debilitates your motivation and incapacitates your ability to get things done.  Allow grace.")
  • "I'm not doing my job if the house is messy." (Healthy mind says: "Focus on all the things you did get done.")
  • "If I only worked faster, I could get it ALL done." (Healthy mind says: "If you could work faster, you already would.  Let's focus on what you can do.")

Listening to our healthy mind is sooooo hard, isn't it?  When I reach my healthy goal, I will allow myself 30 minutes of craft time (a hobby I sometimes put aside for other things). 

Oh boy, I can't wait to get this healthy journal completed!

Are you interested in creating a journal too?  Email me at HealthyandFitLife@gmail.com and let's work on yours together.


No comments:

Post a Comment