Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Health Transformation Challenge: Day 16

CrossFit was hard today.  I am kicking myself now because I couldn't get all the exercises in and honestly, I feel like I didn't put all I had into it.  There were new exercises I didn't know how to do, had terrible muscle fatigue and I gave up.  Here's where my lovely blog becomes my accountability.  Ugh!  I hate to write this.  I really try hard to be a good example.  Instead of beating myself up, I've decided to deal with this in a healthy way by:

  1. Posting it here for the world to see (Eek!);
  2. Look forward to tomorrow and try more then;
  3. Think about the hard work I did do (which was about 90% of the workout).  
  4. Focus on some positives: My form is so much better and I am not nearly as sore daily.  I'm getting better and one day isn't going to ruin 11 other really good hard-working days.  
Now, let's move on to today's challenge...

Today, we look further at yesterday's assessment.  We need to know:
  • Current Actual Health Score
  • Current reality
  • Current weight
  • Current BMI
  • Current waist circumference
  • Current body fat
  • Current activity level
  • Current energy level
  • Current sleep quality
  • Desire to improve (Scale of 1-10)
  • What does optimal health look like to me?
  • How will optimal health change my life?
I really want my body fat percentage to decrease and my lean body mass to increase.  I don't know if that will look like weight gain, loss, or maintenance, but I do know that I will be healthier, stronger and farther from disease, which is what optimal health looks like for me.  Optimal health will bring my life full circle and take my journey to the next level.  I am really looking forward to what that looks like for me.  It's not a shape or a number on the scale.  

I will be creating an optimal health story board soon and will share it here when I am done.  Not only do I love being creative, but I love that I can visualize where I will be and what I am working hard to accomplish.  I am organizing my life around what matters most to me: my health, my family, my friends!

What an amazing day it is to visualize all the good things I see coming soon!  Also, it's sunny here in the rain capital of the world (okay, that is just what I say) -- can't beat some beautiful sunshine.  Life is so good!

Are you ready to reach out and create what you are visualizing?  Email me at HealthyandFitLife@gmail.com and we can link arms and create the life of your dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment