Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Health Transformation Challenge: Day 2

Day 2 was easier than day 1, which is usually the case, isn't it?

Today's challenge was to log all my food in a journal.  There are lots of mobile apps (and I've used a lot of them), but I personally feel more accountability when I write my food log in a notebook.  So, I stopped by the store and picked up a $1 mini notebook that fits in my purse.  I logged all my food for the day.  I forgot to log all my water, but there is always room for improvement, right?  That's my goal for tomorrow.  Here's my journal:


See, nothing fancy!  How easy is that?!

[Click here to keep reading]

As for CrossFit (Day 2 also), I had a grueling workout and could hardly move.  My everything hurts!  We worked a lot on form and again, I was the only one doing things differently than everyone else.  I had no weight on my bar, the instructor had nothing but corrections for me and altered the last half of my workout for me to use equipment no one else was using.  Um, yah, totally awesome.  What I will say though, is that different people were there today and they were just as encouraging as yesterday.  It's a phenomenon of community I haven't experienced before, and something I wouldn't expect at a gym.  That, and the instructor, was amazingly helpful with both encouraging me and creating a personalized workout that really fit my abilities with a focus on helping me succeed long term.  It was like having a personal trainer!  

I am supposed to go to CrossFit again tomorrow, and I honestly I thought to myself today that I might not go.  (Did I mention my everything hurts?) I feel like I need a rest day, and I have sooooo much to do now to recover from having the boys home from school for two weeks over the holidays.  Actually, I had a number of fabulous excuses fit for all kinds of opportunities to avoid another day of CrossFit.  But then I thought about this challenge.  I have 12 weeks and big goals.  My goals are bigger than taking a break sooner than planned.  So, I decided I will endure another day. 

What I have learned about CrossFit is that I may feel out of place (been there before), but they all felt out of place at one time and want me to know that is a part of the process.  I am working hard to get out of my own head about the whole issue.  It sure is difficult though to do that, but I am working on it, one day and one challenge at a time. 


If you're interested in joining me in this health transformation challenge, please email me at HealthyandFitLife@gmail.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment