Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Health Transformation Challenge: Day 17

Today's challenge is to set SMART goals (Click here to learn what that means).  I will share my focus for this 12 week challenge:


1. Have a smooth schedule that isn't so full that it adds to my stress.  I will get done the things I need to do to reach my global goals (I have a list, but I won't bore you with them here) and I will not sweat the small stuff.  This will allow me to spend more undivided time with my kids.

2.  Reduce my fat mass from 30.7% to 25% and increase my lean body mass from 69.3% to 75%.  I am still going to maintain my weight, but I want to just change my body composition to a leaner mass.

CrossFit is going along smoothly.  It's tough -- really tough.  I'm sore, but it is manageable and I feel good about my progress.  I wouldn't have said that a couple weeks ago, so I think things are improving (YAY!).  Today's workout was a doozie!  I don't say that lightly.  Today, we did the "Marguerita," which is a burpee, push-up, jumping jack, sit-up and handstand.  This is what it looks like: 



We had 30 minutes to do 50 of those.  It didn't happen.  I was the only one in my very full class not to finish, actually.  I made it through 46 of them and thought I was going to die.  It was rough.  Someone came over once she was done and said she would finish them off with me and did them side-by-side with me so I wasn't doing them alone.  It was really very sweet.  

This is definitely a workout you could do at home without equipment, and you definitely feel the burn (and vomit) when you're done.  So if you're looking for a good at home workout, try it.  You could even get the kids in on it.  

If you would like help reaching your goals, email me at HealthyandFitLife@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment