Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Health Transformation Challenge: Day 24

Today's challenge is to review the goals we set on Day 5, and list 10 primary choices I will make to achieve optimal health.  The choices don't have to be ones that I want to make (many of them are tough to make), but they all have the common goal to get me closer to my dreams and goals.  My choices are:


1. I will go to the gym four or five days every week.
2. I will eat nutrient-rich meals every 2-3 hours.
3. I will wake up at the same time every day.
4. I will continue building my lifting weights at every opportunity.  (Actually, I already increased my deadlift weight by 15 lbs.!)
5. Allow open time in my schedule so I don't get overwhelmed.  
6. I will not give up at the gym when I am exhausted.
7. I will drink lots of water.  (This has always been tough for me.)
8. I will keep the same bedtime every day, even when I feel like I have too much to do.
9. Stick to my weekly meal plan to avoid unplanned eating out.
10. Do fun things when I am not scheduled to do my health coaching or housekeeping chores.

How hard is it to commit to action steps like those?  (Tell me about it!) I will tell you that once I resolve to do something and then I follow-through just a few times, it gets easier to do it every time.  My best advice: do your best, give yourself grace and trust in the process.

CrossFit today was a weakness workout.  It was just as hard as you might expect.  I chose six exercises that I was weak in and worked on them.  I chose squats, push-ups, sit-ups, medicine ball cleans, knees to chest and deadlifts.  It was tough.  Those are all the things I dread seeing on the workout list and there they were, all in the same day.  I went to the workout and I worked really hard.  It was one of those days that I really wanted to work half-way and move on with my life (like Day 16), but I remembered that day, my plan when I felt that way again, and worked through it the best I could.  I am so proud because I think I worked harder today than any other.  I absolutely got out of my own way!  Woohoo!  I would say that is a great example of transformation if I ever saw one.

Are you ready for your own transformation?  Email me at HealthyandFitLife@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment