Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Health Transformation Challenge: Day 14

Sunday is another rest day from CrossFit.  I can say that I am relieved and healing so much quicker than the first week.  (PHEW!)  Today's challenge 
was simply a reminder to keep in mind that this transformation is a process worth making and that whatever changes you are making are important.  Creating habits of disease in our life took time, and so does getting healthy.  

This is always a difficult reminder for me.  When you are doing things that don't come naturally to you, the days drag on and on.  When we were doing the motions of our old habits of disease, we hardly noticed when we made an unhealthy choice.  I sometimes found myself spitting food out because I found chocolate in my mouth and didn't remember putting it there.  i just did it out of habit.  (Ever drive home and not remember how you got there -- same thing; that's a habit too).  

As I reflect over the last week and review my journal, I definitely notice changes occurring, but they are slow to work for me.  I am determined to make it work and do what is consistent with a person who accomplishes the same goals and dreams I am working toward.

If you are having a hard time with your habits, please reach out to me at HealthyandFitLife@gmail.com.  You're not alone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment