Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Health Transformation Challenge: Day 15

Today begins my third week of my transformation.  I feel so much better than I did when I started.  I think my hard work is starting to pay off.  I definitely feel less stressed, my sleep is getting back to normal and my schedule is getting under control.  (Thank goodness!)  

CrossFit was difficult, BUT I my body is getting used to me pushing it everyday and I don't feel horrible every day.  I feel like things are finally starting to fall into place and I feel stronger.  My squats (the bane of my existance when I started) are getting a lot better and I can get really low in them and (the best part) stand back up again.  WHAT?! ME?!  Oh yah, I am so doing that now!  


So the challenge for Day 15 is to take a health quiz that scores where you are in your overall health.  My score was 83.6, and I am considered healthy.  Now, a few years ago when I first took this quiz, I scored in the low 30s and I was slipping into the sick category and I could feel it!  I felt terrible every day.  It has taken  a lot of hard work daily over years to improve my score to the healthy level.  Even at that, I want more. 

What's interesting about my score is that it takes into account a number of choices I make myself and the dynamics of my life (sleep, exercise, relationships, habits, fueling, weight, body circumference, etc.), but it also takes into account the health of my parents and my grandparents.  On my mother's side, there is a history of type II diabetes, heart disease, breast cancer and obesity.  On my father's side, there is also a history of heart disease.  My genetics factor into my own health and I am at risk for those things myself, which lowers my score.  Without the genetic factors, my score was 110 and I would be considered in ultra health.  Is that not proof that what you do will effect your children and grandchildren?  I feel good knowing that by getting healthy and teaching my children healthy habits that I am contributing positively to their health and minimizing their risk of serious diseases.  

This week's weekly challenge (adding to taking the stairs and reviewing my journal) is to pack healthy snacks.  I like to utilize the healthy snacks I use in my health program because they are grab-and-go and medically formulated to be healthy and nutritious (and I love that they taste good too!).  There are many healthy snacks that are balanced, and I love that I have the resources to know what is balanced.  

Do you want to find out how healthy you are?  Email me at HealthyandFitLife@gmail.com and we can discuss your health profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment