Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Health Transformation Challenge: Day 35




37Oh my goodness!  Look at the picture in today's email.  This is exactly what it looked like here this weekend!  We had tons of snow and were stuck at the house.  We went out sledding and had a good ol' fashioned snowball fight!  I gotta tell you, the last snow storm we had like this was in 2008.  Ryan was about six months old and I was at my heaviest -- ever.  I weighed about 75 lbs. more and had about 90% less energy.  We have a lovely sledding hill in our back yard, but I didn't think it was lovely back then.  Nope, in fact, I despised it.  I wanted to have fun, but my body wasn't up for the challenge.  THIS winter, however, that is a much different story.  Not only can we keep up with our kids, we spent hours outside playing and having fun.  As I reflect back now, I don't think I realized then what I was missing out on.  I accepted life in my tired body and all the limitations that went with it.  If I knew then what I would be doing this winter and enjoying the best snow storm since 2008 (some people say the worst, but it was so much fun, I say the best!).  Check out the picture of me (on my hands and knees -- without pain!):  
Photo: The wife and I are sledding in the yard while the boys are inside cleaning! #win

We also went to the park and did an EPIC snow workout: SNOW ANGEL BURPEES...  Here's the video:



Today's assignment is to relax and review your journal, taking note of how far you have come.  I am really pretty amazed.  I don't know how close I am to all my goals, but I know that I am working towards them and I am closer today than I was yesterday to accomplishing them.  I have been doing so well with my challenge that I took advantage of being home-bound and made a craft day of it.  I had so much fun making jewelry and it really did give me some much needed "me" time to relax.
Have you been watching the challenges and wishing it was you?  Reach out to me at HealthyandFitLife@gmail.com.  








No comments:

Post a Comment