Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pounds vs. Inches



When I was in the weight loss phase (Step 2 on the six step health program I coach), I would get discouraged when I wouldn't lose any pounds on the scale.  It made me feel like I was doing something wrong, even when I knew I was doing everything right.  On those weeks, I would measure myself and discover I was still losing inches. (I suggest measuring on those weeks to help guard against that disappointed feeling.)

Ever wonder why sometimes you aren't losing the pounds on the scale, but you continue to lose inches?  This picture is exactly the reason: 

{CLICK HERE TO READ MORE}




Muscle takes up far less room in your body than fat. So, as you lose fat and replace it with muscle, the muscle weight you're adding replaces the fat weight you're losing, resulting in you weighing the same, but taking up less space.

If you need help replacing your fat weight with lean muscle, please email me at HealthyandFitLife@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment